populate_list in FORMS 4.5

From: Mike Ressler <mjress_at_ingr.com>
Date: 1995/06/13

Hello,

I have a question regarding the populate_list command in forms 4.5.

What I am trying to do is load four fields that are currently hidden on a form into a poplist. I created a record group that selects the values that I want from dual in the following format:

select :block_name.field1, :block_name.field1 from dual
union
select :block_name.field2, :block_name.field2 etc ...

The populate_list command states that you can only have two columns, 1 for the list name and one for the list value. That is why I am doing it in that format.

I try to clear_list('listname') and
populate_list('listname','record_group_name') in a post-query trigger on the block level, but the list does not get populated or cleared. It still contains the original default values.

I then thought, lets make it real simple, so I created another record group as follows:

select 'date', to_char(sysdate)
from dual

I then tried to populate the list on the key-next-item trigger of the field prior to going to the poplist using this new record group. Again it is not cleared or populated and contains the original elements.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this another bug?

The version of forms I am running is 4.5.5.3.5. plsql version 1.1.43.4.0.
oracle7 version 7.1.3.3.6.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Ressler Received on Tue Jun 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message