Re: DBA Job Description, anyone?

From: Melisa Mrazik <mmrazik>
Date: 1995/06/13

Even though this subject has been discussed loosely before in this group, it's only now that my manager would like for me to compile an "industry standard" definition of a DBA's responsibilities (timing is everything). As thorough as Doris' reply is, I'm wondering if this is standard across the industry? As I am a newbie to the entire DB arena, I would appreciate any input from experienced DBAs to help me in preparing this proposal.

Thank you in advance for you time,
Melisa

| Melisa Mrazik | melisa.mrazik_at_citicorp.com |
| Citicorp, N.A. | "What about you Phebes, do you have a plan?" -Monica |
| Westlake, TX | "I don't even have a pla." -Phoebe |