Help: end-of-file (ORA-03113) on ODBC

From: Yin Liang <yliang_at_charon.rutgers.edu>
Date: 1995/06/12

Hi, I have trouble using ODBC to connect to a Oracle7.1 Workgroup server on a Windows NT3.5 Server machine, the ODBC works on the server machine. The Client machine are Windows for Workgroup 3.11 and Windows 95 Machines, I use the Oracle71 ODBC driver from the Oracle2000 CD, First, when connecting to the Server though the ODBC Test, it gives me a error message: no interface found, then, I installed SQL*NET Named Pipe 1.1.8.1 on the Client (The Server already has SQL*NET1.1), this time, the ODBC connection error message was:

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

I reinstalled both the SQL*net on the Server and client, but the same message happened again. We are running on a Token-Ring Novell 3.12 netware, and just one day ago the ODBC on the client still worked,

and suggestions ?

Thanks

Yin Liang   Received on Mon Jun 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message