Re: A doubt

From: Bob Withers <iwindow_at_Walden.MO.NET>
Date: 1995/06/12

When in SQL*PLUS and you type list all you will see is what is currently in your command buffer. As you can verify by your example your change command was modiying what was in you command buffer. Therefore when you subsequently entered the list command again you saw the current command in the command buffer in its modified state. The only reason why that I can give you is that it is a limitation/feature of SQL*PLUS.
George K. Sheppard sends.....

Srinivas K. Karanam (skaranam_at_eng.auburn.edu) wrote: : Hi,

: I am new to this group and also to SQL/SQLPLUS. I have a small doubt.

: The list command is not listing all the previous commands. Why?.
: Below you will find the example to it.

: SQL> list
: 1* select city,country from location
: SQL> change $city$madras$
: 1* select madras,country from location
: SQL> list
: 1* select madras,country from location

: Thanks in advance,
: Karanam.
: e-mail : skaranam_at_eng.auburn.edu