Re: ORA-1555 Snapshots Too Old Error[Q]

From: Rod Fergusson <rod.fergusson_at_canada.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/06/11

Hi Stan!!!

It's Sandra Fergusson from IOTA..remember we met with respect to the Health Canada Project with Tony Carmanico... I read the first response to you question...you know...about having one really large rollback segment offline...yes..that works, I've used it before...but the use of the xtra large rollback only lasts until the transaction ends..just keep that in mind...after the transaction ends...the use of the xtra large rollback segment is up for grabs by any user of the system..make sure to take it back offline again... How big are your database tables to have an INITIAL of 1 MEG and MINEXTENT of 2???? Your rollbacks should be roughly sized to be 10% of the size of your largest database table...overallocating the size of your rollbacks will degrade performance of the database...if you are still running into problems give me call and I'll see what I can do to help. You can reach me through Tony at IOTA.

Good Luck.... Sandra Fergusson Received on Sun Jun 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message