Re: Export from 1-hr to 10-hrs

From: Rod Fergusson <rod.fergusson_at_canada.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/06/11

Hi!

Well I guess you weren't too impressed with that "enhancement"..ha. Hmm.. that is a pretty dramatic degradation. I don't have an answer...only some suggestions of what you could look at..
(1) pump up the value of the buffer qualifier on the export

    command line to be as big as you can accomodate. ie. on     one of my systems I have it set to more than 90K.
(2) Could there be a new job that is running at the same time

    as your export? (contention)
(3) When doing the export..are you in RESTRICT mode so that

    you are sure that you are the only user contending for the     database?
(4) Has anything on your hardware platform changed that would

    affect the rate that you are able to write to the disk that     is holding the export? (memory...disks...operating system?)
(5) Is it possible that the size of your tables have increased

    10 fold?

Good Luck.... Sandra Fergusson Received on Sun Jun 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message