Re: Creating database triggers

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/06/09

In article <MARY.95Jun7120125_at_gulper.mitra.com>, mary_at_mitra.com (Mary E. Hunt) writes:

|> Oracle 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.4
|>
|> I am having a problem creating a database trigger. In the Server's
|> Application Developer's Guide it says you need the procedural option.
|>
|> How do I know if I have the option installed, or how do I install it?
|> I don't see a specific product called Procedural Option in my
|> installer. Do I need to run some script in rdbms/admin? I tried
|> running the catproc.sql in rdbms/admin but a lot of the statements
|> were getting errors.
|>
|> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

When you connect to the database with SQL*Plus, it should say something like: Connected to:
ORACLE7 Server Release 7.0.16.4.0 - Production With the procedural and distributed options PL/SQL Release 2.0.18.1.0 - Production

(Your versions may vary.) If not, then you haven't installed PL/SQL properly. Received on Fri Jun 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message