Re: FORMS 4.5 GURUs ..... Help...

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1995/06/09

In article <3r7jlu$1fl_at_portal.gmu.edu> kpatel_at_osf1.gmu.edu (Kalpesh S Patel) writes:
>We are running into a problem for which oracle tech support does not
>seem to have an answer.
>
>We have a Master-Detail relationship form. In the WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE
>trigger of the detail block I am executing POST built-in. Immediately after
>POST I check the SYSTEM.BLOCK_STATUS and SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS varaibles.
>The value for these variables is QUERY after the POST. But when I try to
>use EXIT_FORM runtime asks me if I want to commit the changes. That means
>somehow FORMS "knows" that user has not really issued COMMIT but has issued
>POST.
>
>Evenif the SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS is QUERY, FORMS somehow knows that it has
>not been commited. Is there anyway to find out how does FORMS know this??
>

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Kalpesh S. Patel

I would expect runtime to "know" that you have not committed. If you want to exit without committing, you need to specify that.

In the Forms 4.5 Ref. Manual, pg 3-82, there is a good example showing exit_form related to post. It looks like you need to Exit_Form(NO_COMMIT,NO_ROLLBACK) to prevent the question about committing your changes.

I'm new at this, so my answer may not be what you want, but I hope this helps.

stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu Received on Fri Jun 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message