Re: Error with ODBC and Oracle 6

From: Thomas Borg <thomas_at_mediamatic.se>
Date: 1995/06/09

pcs_at_groucho.swindon.gpsemi.com (Phil Simons) wrote:

>I am trying to setup ODBC so that I can use Access to look at
>Oracle 6 database on a Sun workstation running SunOS 4.1.3.

>I have installed ORA6WIN.DLL and used the Control Panel to set the
>relevant details.

>I am using the following:-
>MS-Windows For Work Groups
>Oracle V6.0.33.1.4
>SQL*Net TCP/IP V1.2.7.2.2

>But I get the following error message:-
>Drivers's SQLSetConnectOption failed [#0]
>[ODBC Oracle Driver] Driver Not Capable [#0]
>[ODBC Oracle Driver] [Oracle OCI]ORA-09241:Message not found;
>product=RDBMS;facility=ORA;
>language=NULL.[#9241]

>Please Help.
>Thanks Phil

Hia troubleshooter...

Try this:

  1. Remove all remains of the Oracle client software.
  2. In Control Panel ODBC administrator, remove all databses.
  3. Check the autroexec.bat, 2C remains of Oracle stuff.
  4. Install Oracle client product. IMPORTANT!! After the first installation session, you have selected components from the installer FROM list, you MUST start the installer ONE MORE TIME from the created group in the program manager. This time you enter your companies name, and then when entering the installer you just exit the installer program
  5. In the ODBC administrator create the database connect something like : T:100.100.100.100:A or something... where T=TCP/IP, ip-adress, A =databas.
  6. Restart