Re: Where to find average salaries of Oracle programmers?

From: Jim Starwood <jstarwoo_at_haven.ios.com>
Date: 1995/06/09

Steve Cosner (stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU) wrote:
: In article <3qiaa2$r7b_at_mdnews.btv.ibm.com> rlampat_at_vnet.ibm.com writes:
: >In <18MAY199513581952_at_ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>, oispeggy_at_ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (Peggy Brown) writes:
: >>Can anyone suggest where I can find a list of average salaries

: >>for Oracle programmer? Both DBAs and developers?
 <snip>
: >>My bosses are trying to give me a raise, but their bosses say they
: >>need proof that I am underpaid.
: >>
: > You might try to get a firm offer for more than
: > you currently make from a competitor. This has its
: > risks, but could pay off in the form of a larger paycheck!
: >

: I have seen that tried, but usually the response was "OK, good-bye and
: good luck!"

That is exactly what happens in my shop. If you can't give me all you can and are not satisfied with what I dole out, set up your own terms.

And get the hell out of our way.

Jim Starwood                         I like a chromatic love affair...
jstarwoo_at_haven.ios.com                  one half-step at a time.