Re: Living without CONNECT BY

From: deeptendu majumder <flyby_at_world.std.com>
Date: 1995/06/08

I do not have answer to your question..at least I think so..But I just some comments regarding connect by. I, at times found that I can explcitly walk a tree faster than using connect by. Kind of strange..dunno..This is PRO*C where I open and cursor and walk. Then I also have the problem of DAG.

David Roth (droth_at_dr.ultranet.com) wrote:
: I have to convert some Oracle SQL scripts that use connect bys to ANSI
: standard SQL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

: Dave Roth