Re: imp: more problems/questions

From: Steven Vandereems <ah349_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/06/07

Chuck Hamilton (chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com) writes:
> buffer=65536
> file=/hold/expdat.dmp
> tables=(claims_line_items)
> commit=y
> log=cha.log
> indexes=n
> # indexfile=cha.sql
>
> This table did not exist before the import (I know this because I
> dropped it before starting). Notice that there's a line that says
> "indexes = n". When I came in this morning to build the primary key
> index for that file, I discovered that the imp program had already
> built it. Why since I specified no indexes?

If the primary key index is created by a constraint, and constraints are exported, it would be imported even if indexes=n is specified. BTW, the default is constraints=y for an export and you can't specify whether or not to import constraints.

Hope this helps.

Steve

--
Steve Vandereems  :)
Systems Consultant, NeoDyne Consulting Ltd.