Re: Problems installing Oracle v7.1.4..

From: Ron Ross <rross_at_lang1.langara.bc.ca>
Date: 1995/06/07

PRAVEEN (pdhandap_at_nyx10.cs.du.edu) wrote: : Hi,

:  First, we would like to know if users already existing on the system
:  could start using oracle without havoing to create a new oracle account
:  for each of the users. We read about the OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX but did not
:  what files to update to allow this feature.

This feature is enabled with a parameter in your init.ora file. You will still have to create an Oracle user account for each user though, that feature only allows them to access Oracle without keying in a password.

--

\\ ^ >::::::::;;\\\ <rross_at_langara.bc.ca>
''\\\\\'" ';\ I'd rather be diving !!!