Re: SQL frontends for non SQL users

From: <farber_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1995/06/07

In <3qn4au$gfp_at_server.st.usm.edu>, mlbarton_at_whale.st.usm.edu (Mickey Lee Barton) writes:

>My company is migrating its dbms from DL/1 to Oracle. I am researching
>into providing a user interface for our non computer science professionals.
>I have looked into Esperant and Forest & Trees. Does anyone know of any
>other software on the market that will allow these non cs people to gain
>access to information in or dbms. If you do would you please email or
>or respond to this post.
>
>My email address is mlbarton_at_whale.st.usm.edu
>
>Thanks in advance
>

>Mickey L. Barton Sr.
>Researher
>Sunbeam Oster Household Products
>Laures, MS
>
>and
>
>Graduate Teaching Assistant
>University of Southern Mississippi
>Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Mickey,

Software Interfaces has two products that might be of interest to you. The products are are SQLAssist and ProReports. Both of these products access Oracle through native API's. SQLAssist is a query building product and ProReports is a very powerful end user reporting tool.

For further information please contact Software Interfaces at (713) 492-0707. Software Interfaces is in process of being acquired by Platinum Technology.

Regards,
Scott Drahos
Manager of Technical Support/Data Warehouse Platinum Technology Inc. Received on Wed Jun 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message