Upgrading to Forms 4.5.6 from 4.0.13

From: Stuart Jackson <stuartj_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1995/06/07

I have been using Oracle*Forms 4.0.13 for Windows connected via SQL*Net to Oracle 7.0.16 running on Sun Solaris 2.3. We have just upgraded Forms to 4.5.6 and are having the following problem:

We store our library functions in the database and the forms in the file system. To convert the library to 4.5.6 I opened the library from the database in Forms 4.0.13 and saved it to the file system (as a .pll). Then in Forms 4.5.6 I opened the .pll file and saved the library in the database.

In the Forms 4.5.6 Designer I then open a form (from the filesystem) and attach the library (from the database), compile all, save, generate and run. It all goes OK until the last stage. When I run the form I get an error saying that it can't attach the library. The only way I can get it to work is to save the library to the file system (as a .pll) and include the path where the .pll resides in my FORMS45_PATH in oracle.ini.

The trouble is we have several programmers all sharing this library and as we don't have a 'shared' directory the database seems the logical place to store the library functions.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance.
Stuart Received on Wed Jun 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message