Re: Case sensitive/insensitive?

From: Jim Starwood <jstarwoo_at_haven.ios.com>
Date: 1995/06/07

Mary E. Hunt (mary_at_mitra.com) wrote:

: Oracle appears to be case sensitive when executing a query on a

: I know MS-Access is case insensitive. Ie I enter a value into col1 as
: "Text" and I can select where col1 = 'text'.

  • true, but this is the default behaviour. There's an .ini setting and a "set option" setting you can call within ABasic to force case sensitivity.

: What is the standard for SQL databases?? Case sensitive on character
: fields or case insensitive?

  • case sensitive, it seems like (Syb,DB2,DB2/2,Infmx,RDB). Check flags on the backend, or look at options on the data access tool. That's what it's there for.
Jim Starwood                         I like a chromatic love affair...
jstarwoo_at_haven.ios.com                  one half-step at a time.