Re: Q: Oracle remote

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au>
Date: 1995/06/07

martinj_at_pi.net wrote:

: I have to put up a link between the RDBMS and a remote client. For now I
: now have come up with four possibilities:

: 1. Make copies from the database and use 3rd party software (Access, Dbase) at
: the remote site.
: 2. Personal Oracle (not a link, but it will do)
: 3. Another client in the network with a modem connection to the remote
: 4. A dial in box from HP, creating a remote console

: None of the above is exactly what I'm looking for, since I also want to use
: all Windows facilities for the client. Can someone please help me with this?

: Our hard- and software:
: =======================

: HP 9000, UNIX 10.0
: HP Vectra client 486/66/16MB
: TCP/IP

: Oracle 7.1.4
: SQL*Plus 3.1 (windows+ux)
: PL*SQL ?
: SQL*Net
: SQL*Forms 4.0 (windows)
: SQL*Reports 2.0 (windows)

How about a slip line? This should provide you with all the windows facilities you're looking for. I haven't tried this out myself, but I've seen other posts on it.

Leng.

--
Leng Kaing
Dept of IT&S