Re: 2G limit on tablespaces

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 1995/06/06

In article <D9q8EE.DHq_at_cbr.dit.csiro.au:, robertp_at_crux.csis.dit.csiro.au (Robert Andrew Power) says:
:
:I've just installed Oracle 7.1.6 on a SPARC 20 Dual Processor
:with a 6Gb Storage Array running Solaris 2.4.
:
:When I create a tablespace of size 2048M it fails, but if I
:create one of size 2047M everythings fine.
:
:Is there a 2G limit on creating tablespaces in the documentation and
:I've missed it - or is somethng weird going on with my installation?

More likely there is a limit of 2048M as the maximum size of a file on that filesystem. (I know certain versions of SVR4 have this limitation, perhaps Solaris 2.4 does too.)

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.com, nolan_at_inetnebr.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)