Re: FORMS 4.5: SELECT MULTIPLE ROWS IN A BLOCK?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1995/06/06

In article <3r0ceu$4ck_at_venice.sedd.trw.com> Clarence Johnson <johnson_at_venice.sedd.trw.com> writes:
>Is there any way to select multiple rows in a block? I would like for
>the user to be able to highlight multiple items and then perform some
>action on the selected items.

You could set up a column in the block which could be "checked" by the user. When commit is pressed, use a procedure to loop through all rows in your block, processing each one that was "checked".

This takes some programming on your part, but I know it will work. Although I have no experience with check-boxes, this sounds like a good example of where they might be used.

Hope this helps.

stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu (Steve Cosner) Received on Tue Jun 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message