Re: PL/SQL cursor

From: <stowe_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1995/06/06

> ps42_at_ciao.cc.columbia.edu (Pillarisetti Sivaram) writes:
> I am using a cursor in PL/SQL procedure to select some rows
> from one table into the cursor and update rows in the second table. I am
> using for loop to update the second table's rows with the rows from
> the cursor. The cursor does not seem to work. There are no statements
> selected into the cursor. If I use SQL statement to select the rows,
> I am seeing the rows. Also the same PL/SQL procedure works on other
> system. Is something missing in the PL/SQL installation on this system?
> I am not getting any error messages either. I get the message PL/SQL
> procedure successfully completed.

Since you have not included your cursor definition, nor your SQL statement, or the PL/SQL block, it is difficult to determine. However, based on your statement "select rows ... into the cursor" I would interpolate that the problem is in your code.

Michael Stowe
Constellation Engineering, Inc.
http://www.mcs.com/~stowe Received on Tue Jun 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message