Re: CASE Designer tools

From: Matthew M. Lih <matt.lih_at_trw.com>
Date: 1995/06/05

In article <bogorman.55.000D2B24_at_whsun1.wh.whoi.edu>, bogorman_at_whsun1.wh.whoi.edu (Brian O'Gorman) says:

>Does anyone have information about another CASE Designer tool, that interfaces
>with Oracle, called Irwin or Erwin. Could you post or private e-male your
>comments and a source for the software?

I'm using it to develop a database of approximately 60 tables. I've been very pleased with the tool. I haven't experienced any bugs, it does a good job of generating DDL, and is fairly easy to use. It also has some links to popular tools like PowerBuilder and Gupta.

About the only downside (and not much of one IMHO) is that the modeling notation is based on IDEF1X, which is not as popular or intuitive or graphically pleasing as Chen or Bachman. But it works!

I'm using a version from about 1993, I expect it's gotten even better.

LogicWorks
1-800-78-ERWIN. Please let them know who referred you. Thanks!

Matthew M. Lih
matt.lih_at_trw.com Received on Mon Jun 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message