Re: Netware install snag

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: 1995/06/05

rcox_at_jasmine.psyber.com (Ryan A. Cox) wrote:
>From: rcox_at_jasmine.psyber.com (Ryan A. Cox)
>Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
>Subject: Netware install snag
>Date: 5 Jun 1995 00:52:44 GMT
>
>Recently when installing Oracle 7 on a Netware lan I ran into a problem. It
>appears to me that it is only possible to install from the server machine.
>Since the distribution only comes on CDROM now, what if your server doesn't
>have a CDROM? Is there a workaround?
>
>--
>http://www.psyber.com/~rcox

Hi Netizens,

I just received Oracle7.1.4 for Netware, and called Oracle asking for 3" floppies instead of CDROM. Was told they are not available "yet", but that the rep could possibly contact the tech support "net group" for a work around. Probably means that some poor person is busily working overtime copying disks on his workstation for incredibly pissed off customers?

EP Received on Mon Jun 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message