Re: Need help with tuning import????

From: Michael Sevy <sevy_michael_at_tandem.com>
Date: 1995/06/05

In article <3qth0i$7ri_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> sheilahj_at_aol.com (SheilahJ) writes:
>From: sheilahj_at_aol.com (SheilahJ)
>Subject: Re: Need help with tuning import????
>Date: 4 Jun 1995 19:52:50 -0400

>Have you tried creating a large rollback segment just for that import? It
>seems to me that you may be having problems with the amount of data it is
>trying to commit.

Without seeing the first post to this thread, I'm assuming that you are importing a large table into your database ... correct? If so, the easiest way to solve the problem is to use the COMMIT=Y parameter on your import. This will force a commit after the BUFFER is full. Import will run a little faster, but the big advantage is that your rollback segment(s) won't "max-out".

Good luck, Michael Received on Mon Jun 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message