NEWBIE Q:Visual Basic and Oracle

From: Bart Verwijst <verba_at_euronet.nl>
Date: 1995/06/04

Readers,

Since last week I'am trying to connect one of my VB applications to a personal oracle7 database.
I use ODBC and SQL*net to connect. I installed PO7 on my workstation (local). The Oracle database contains 5 tables with each 4000 rows. I works (thats all) but the performance is low (I can hardly speak of performance). What am I doing wrong !!!! Before I used the Oracle database, I used MSaccess and it worked fine and the performance was ok.
I use the "normal" SQL statements I also used with MSAccess. BTW the Oracle version I use is the 90-days Trail-version.

Is there anyone who can help me.

Bart

Bart H.M. Verwijst | ** Don't do today what you can postpone tomorrow ** verba_at_Euronet.NL | ** All grammatical errors done intentionally **