Oracle 7.0.16 vs 7.1.3 on NT differences

From: Bob Toth <bobt_at_pcdocs.com>
Date: 1995/06/03

Does anyone know if Oracle changed any default parameters between Oracle 7.0.16 and 7.1.3 on NT... I have previously used 7.0.16 with not too much of a problem, but when I did a fresh 7.1.3 install, I had problems with the statement "create rollback segment rbs_2" it gives the error Ora-01557 - rollback segments extent must be at least 3 blocks... which I know I can fix by using the Storage parameter on the Create statement, but this is a hassle and since we have a commercial product would be hard to fix fast... and this seems to be the only platform which Oracle is having the problem (Oracle 7.1.3 on NT 3.5)

Has anyone else seen this???

Or does anyone know a way to change the default setting for minextents?? There doesn't seem to be a setting for the init.ora file....

TIA
Bob Toth
bobt_at_pcdocs.com Received on Sat Jun 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message