Re: PO7 ORA-00205 during startup after install?

From: Gordon Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/06/03

markha_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU (Mark Hays) wrote:

>I just finished doing a an install of WIN32s (this works, I tested it
>with FREECELL), and a complete install of PO7. When I try to Startup
>the default data base oracle7, I get the following message:

>ORA-00205 error in identifying control file
>'%RDBMS71_CONTROL%\ctl1.ora'
>ORA-09202: sfifi:error iedntifying file
>OSD-01002: unable to open file (OS 2)

>I cannot find any file on my system named ctl1.ora. I am at a loss

Mark,

I don't know about PO7, but you get exactly the same error with 6 on DOS. I found the best way to set up the initial database is to do after the installation.

Re-install the initial database and see what happens.

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
    "We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year"
                                                             Pink Floyd