Re: Code Quality of Oracle CASE Tools?

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_tpd.dsccc.com>
Date: 1995/06/02

Haroon Najam (najam_at_biostat.wisc.edu) wrote:

:> Hello All,
:> Our company recently hired a person who claims to have had a very
:> bad experience with the quality of code produced automatically by the
:> Oracle CASE Tools product. She claims that it basically was unusable. But
:> this was almost ** 5 years ago **. We were hoping that things have improved
:> much in the time since. But we still do have some concerns about the quality
:> of automatic code generation. Does anybody have a very good feel/experience
:> of this? At what stage is this whole phenemenon presently? Is there still a
:> lot of room for improvement? If yes, how rapidly are things improving? Also
:> is there another product out there that is much better than Oracle's CASE
:> Tools?
:> But basically as a bottom-line what do you all think about the
:> practicality of using Oracle's CASE product for automatic code generation?
:> I would really appreciate ** any ** input. Thanks a lot for your time. Bye.

:> -Haroon Najam
:> najam_at_biostat.wisc.edu

We are using Oracle Case 5.0.something on a SUN box to create forms3.0 forms. It is doing 95% of the forms development work. The other 5% is where we add hot key features, business rules, error message touchup and who donit/timestamp info.
Spend extra time on the help, lov, message popup, and form templates before your first module generation.

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you