Re: Question: Mutation in Statement Triggers

From: Salaam Yitbarek <bi495_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/06/02

Salaam Yitbarek (bi495_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

> Hello,
> I wonder if anyone can help me with the following
> problem:
> Table 'b' has a STATEMENT trigger 't' associated with
> it that does a query on 'b'. When there is an insert,
> delete or update on 'b', the trigger executes properly.
> Table 'b' has a parent table 'a'. The reference from
> 'b' to 'a' is set to ON DELETE CASCADE. When a row
> in 'a' is deleted, and Oracle runs off to delete the
> corresponding rows in 'a', it returns an error saying

                     ^^^

> that 'b' is mutating, and thus it cannot execute
> the trigger 't'. Any idea why?

   Sorry, that 'a' should have been a 'b'. Anyway, thanks to all for their answers.

   I tried implementing the cascade through a trigger, but Oracle wouldn't let me do that, either. But, I made an adjustment at the Forms level.

Salaam Yitbarek Received on Fri Jun 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message