Re: ORACLEV7:FORMS4.5:AUTOMATIC REFRESH

From: Grant Donohoe <grant_at_abbi.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/06/02

In article <1995May29.195747_at_zipi.fi.upm.es> a890006_at_zipi.fi.upm.es writes:

> hello, i'm panic, my English is not very good, but
> I need help !!!!!
> The problem is about ORACLE V7 and FORMS 4.5. The project where I am
> working (I don't know how long I'll be) need to use a automatic
> refresh. This means that the form must make a EXECUTE_QUERY with
> a timer that is running once 10 seconds.
> Well, this refresh is ALL LEAST QUICKLY. It's need about 20 seconds to
> present the rows of the table in display. We use indexes, optimation-goal
> with FIRS_ROWS, and the number of the rows of the table is about 3000.
> The server is unisys 6000, and the client is a PC pentium of 16 Mgbytes
> of RAM.
> Have Somebody had a problem like this???????????
>
> email me, because I get the news with a delay four days.
>
> Many thankssssssssss
>
> Bye

Hi,
Seems surprising that you have a performance problem. Have you checked the buffer and array size parameters of your block. A general rule is to set them to about 2 * the number of rows displayed on screen, then increase the numbers until performance improves. Try and keep the two numbers the same. This may help, especially across a poor network.

Grant Donohoe
Oracle Contractor (Believe it or not !)
Reigate
Surrey
U.K
grant_at_abbi.demon.co.uk Received on Fri Jun 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message