Re: Tables accessed from forms/triggers ?

From: Kevin J. Bourque <af788_at_ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: 1995/06/02

Yes, create a public synonym, then all users who have select access to the table will be able to run the form

        ... KJB Jonathan Wayne Ingram (jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu) wrote:
: Stan Novinsky (stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu) wrote:
: : I created several tables in my own schema. I granted users
: : the SELECT priv to access the tables. When I run the Form
: : I have no problem accessing the tables. The Form extracts
: : data from the tables by executing the Select clause from a trigger.

: : If a user logs in as him/herself via the Oracle username/pass and
: : runs the Form, an error occurs. If the user logs in as me, it
: : works. The problem may be that the select clause
: : is using the table name only and not prefixing it with my name
: : as the owner (ie. tablename vs. OPS$STAN.tablename).

: : Is there a way to grant a priv or something to allow a user to execute
: : my Form ...
: Yes, I think. I am assuming that these tables are only in your schema.
: Have each user create a private synonym for each of your tables that
: he/she has been granted access to. Then, the forms will run against your
: tables when run under their user ids.

: Jonathan

  Kevin J. Bourque
  Systems Analyst
  Nova Scotia Power Inc.      E-Mail: kevin.bourque_at_nspower.ns.ca
  P.O. Box 910                Phone: (902) 428-6924
  Halifax, Nova Scotia        Fax:   (902) 428-6102
  CANADA       B3J 2W5

  Views expressed by me are my own and do not reflect the views
  of my employer.