DBA : what's the manpower you need to do the job?

From: Frank Bolata <fjbolata_at_info.vub.ac.be>
Date: 1995/05/31

We are going to start moving to a client/server environment. We've still not decided what database to use (oracle, sybase, MS SQL server, informix).

One of our concerns is the time that has to be spent on database adminstration. Could you please inform me what kind of manpower you need to do the job? Is there much difference between the different DBMS's and between Windows NT and UNIX, qua DBA manpower?

thanks for helping us out,

Frank. Received on Wed May 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message