Re: temp tablespace and extents

From: <stowe_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1995/05/31

> joanne_at_eosdev1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Joanne Woytek) writes:
> If I have a temp tablespace with initial extent of 10K and secondary extents of 5K and
> maxextents of 100, are those numbers per user? That is, if 2 users perform a sort at
> the same time does each user start with an extent of 10K or does the first one get the
> 10K segment and the second start with a 5K segment (since the initial temp extent was already
> done). Similarly is each user allowed a maxextent of 100 or must the sum of both users
> extents remain below 100.

Neither -- these limitations are for each OBJECT created in the temporary tablespace. In other words, if one user's query causes three temporary tables to appear in the temporary tablespace, each table would start with an extent of 10K.

> I am assuming the extents are done per user, but would like to verify that.

Per object, not per user (as above.)

Michael Stowe
Constellation Engineering, Inc.
http://www.mcs.com/~stowe Received on Wed May 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST