Re: Oracle Career question

From: John Jones <john_at_iluvatar.tip.duke.edu>
Date: 1995/05/31

  I think it would be a really wise career move. I basically had the same opportunity 3 years ago. I had some database experience but no Oracle at all. I started in the high 20's, went to a couple of Oracle training classes and learned the rest on the job. After two years my boss left and I took over for him, in running the Oracle shop. This moved me to the mid 30's. I did this for 1 year, so I had a total of 3 years on the job and 4 training classes. I am now a Contractor and love it. I get various jobs and have been hired as a full time employee of my Contracting firm in the mid 40's. You can make more as an hourly employee, but you don't get benefits and vacation. I need the benefits more right now.

John Jones			| my views are my own.........
Oracle Consultant		| no matter what company they are
john_at_iluvatar.tip.duke.edu	| coming from.