Re: global triggers

From: Alexandr I. Alesinsky <al_at_investor.kharkov.ua>
Date: 1995/05/31

Hi Reinhard!

>I have to port a MS-Access database to Oracle 7. We have used the data type
>COUNTER in access. This is not existing in Oracle. So i want to write a
>trigger for it. But our db is over 100 tables and i don†t want to put a
>trigger in every table. Is there a way to define a †global† trigger? Because
>the function is the same in every table.

Oracle hasn't global triggers. But you can write a stored procedure and call it from all individual triggers. But I believe that you can resolve your particular problem in much simpler way. What about SEQUENCES ?

Alexandr Alesinsky,
JSV Investor
al_at_investor.kharkov.ua Received on Wed May 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message