Re: NUM_ROWS in DBA_TABLES has no values

From: Greg Flannery <gflanner_at_mhs-tva.attmail.com>
Date: 1995/05/30

In article <D97981.BH2_at_cs.dal.ca>, aa651_at_ccn.cs.dal.ca (Karl Penney) says:

>I was trying to write a query to find the number of rows in some
>tables using the NUM_ROWS field on the dictionary table DBA_TABLES
>but all the values are blank. I can't use count(*) on the tables
>themselves because I need to join the results to some other dictionary
>tables to get other info. Why is the NUM_ROWS field blank and how can
>I get is populated with real data.
>
>--
>DMR Group, Halifax, NS | | _/\_\ /_/\_ | |
>aa651_at_cfn.cs.dal.ca | | >___________< | |
>74203.673_at_compuserve.com |______| | |______|

Karl,

   There's an SQL statement ANALYZE which will collect this and other statistics and populate the dictionary tables.

Greg Flannery
Database Administration
Tennessee Valley Authority Received on Tue May 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message