Re: Q: Become user

From: Bob Swisshelm <swisshelm_at_lilly.com>
Date: 1995/05/30

In article <3qdc9l$8ks_at_Owl.nstn.ca> Paul Quinn, quinn_at_atl.sofkin.ca writes:
>Kevin Loney suggested a technique involving setting the user's password
>a known value, connecting to that account, then resetting the password
 back
>to the original value. This process (for version 6, still valid for
 version 7?) is
>described in his DBA FAQ, available from a number of sites via
>anonymous FTP, including ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au in the directory
>/pub/Oracle/FAQ/DBA. You can get a .zip file of the whole FAQ, or take
 the
>file BecomingUsers.txt.

This is what we use. We might have gotten in from the above location.

rem goto.sql
rem
set termout off
set echo off

col password new_value oldpswd noprint

select password from sys.dba_users
 where username = upper('&&1');

alter user &&1 identified by temppw;

connect &&1/temppw

alter user &&1 identified by values '&&oldpswd';

set termout on
show user

Bob Swisshelm | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com | 317 276 5472 Eli Lilly and Company | Lilly Corporate Center | Indianapolis, IN 46285 Received on Tue May 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message