Re: Oracle Glue -

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fellebuk_at_dk.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/05/29

> I'm trying to access an Oracle V7 Netware SPX database, via oracle
> Glue.
>
> I've no problems with the administrator, or Objects for OLE, or ODBC.
>
> The Oracle glue DDE session appears to start OK. However when I send
> the connect sting "CONNECT user identified as password using
> "X:server-spx", I get a series of errors. The Windows graphical
> display is overwritten by text (only visible in VGA mode) saying
> something along the lines of:
>
> substitution variable value is too long
> value is too long
> token is too long
> corruption detected.
>
> It's difficult to say exactly what the errors are, as they overwrite
> each other and aren't "true" Windows errors i.e. they overwrite the
> Windows screen in text mode. Finally there is a Windows error "NETSPX
> : Unknown Server".
>
> I've had this problem both in Lotus 1-2-3 and in the supplied Visual
> Basic programs using Glue.
>
> I'm new to Oracle, and it was all going so well.....
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dave.
>

> /===============================================================\
> = David Sim == Systems Developer, Grampian =
> = MA / MIAP == Regional Council Finance =
> = fn0156_at_finance.grampian.gov.uk == * MY VIEWS, NOT GRC'S * =
> \===============================================================/

There was a bug regarding connect (ORA-6460) with SPX 1.1.8 and Glue. Should be fixed in SPX 1.1.8.1 should fix this.

Hope this helps,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen                  Phone:           +45 44 80 80 80
 Consultant                             Phone direct:    +45 44 80 81 11
 Oracle Danmark A/S                     Fax:             +45 44 80 80 93
 Lautrupbjerg 2-6
 DK-2750  Ballerup                      Oracle e-mail:   fellebuk.dk
 Denmark                                Internet e-mail: fellebuk_at_dk.oracle.com
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"