Re: SQL*NET and LONG RAW Data

From: Wade Lich <wadelich_at_ainet.com>
Date: 1995/05/29

In article <D99K7A.5qL_at_online.tmx.com.au>, Enrico Soldani says:

>> walkerst_at_dev1 (Stephen Walker 477-5870 837-9654) writes:
>> Has anyone used the LONG RAW data type with SQL*NET v1 or v2? We are going to
>> use the LONG RAW to store rich text formatted data, images, faxes, etc.
>>
>> Thanks for any input.
>>

>I've been using LONG RAW data with SQL*NET v1 to store images, fixed length arrays of
>binary data, and complex objects from our OO environment. Although it works, I have had
>some problems. My main concerns are the restrictions placed upon the LONG RAW datatype
>(same as LONG datatype restrictons). For example, try using the column in a subquery of
>an insert statement. The single most important problem I've encountered is the selective
>transfer of data from a table with LONG RAW data to another.
>
>Enrico
>---
>Enrico Soldani clemnet_at_clemenger.com.au
>Clemenger/BBDO +61 2 925 5255

I have worked with LONG RAW data and SQL*Loader. If it is at all possible to change the LONG RAW datatype to just RAW, it will have better functionality.

Gail Ferreira (209) 543-0465

wadelich_at_ainet.com (Gail Ferreira) Received on Mon May 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message