HELP! Migrate Oracle6->7 plus Solaris1->2

From: Bonnie Torkko <torkko_at_std.teradyne.com>
Date: 1995/05/27

Has anyone done this successfully yet? And documented the process?!

I have Oracle v6.0.33 on SunOS 4 and wish to get to Oracle7 7.1.x on Solaris 2. The migration + upgrade path is very unclear in the 7.1.4 Oracle installation manuals for SunOS 4 and Solaris 2 (along with the Migration Guide). I've got a call into oracle support but I don't think they have the complete plan documented either. This is their help so far (harder than it sounds; it hasn't worked yet for me):

  1. on sun-os install 7.1.4 for sun-os and migrate the 6.0.33 database
  2. then install solaris on the machine and install 7.1.4 for solaris
  3. and start the database.

Please help! Direct e-mail to me would be best, but I bet there are other readers in this group who could benefit too. Thanks in advance,

	Bonnie Torkko
	torkko_at_std.teradyne.com
	Teradyne, Inc., Agoura Hills, CA