Re: Oracle support on internet

From: Alex Long <paladin_at_along.dialix.oz.au>
Date: 1995/05/27

In article <3q2p2b$h8t_at_ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, Chuck Hamilton (chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com) writes:
>In <D94z0o.Lu9_at_pen.k12.va.us> epperson_at_pen.k12.va.us (W. C. Epperson)
>writes:
>>
>>Clint Redwood (Clint Redwood ) writes:
>>> I have heard that it is possible to get oracle support by internet.
>>> Is this true, and how do you get it.
>>> Email prefered.
>>Just post to comp.databases.oracle ;)
>>
>>Regards,
>>W.C.
>>"I was going to put a clever saying here, but I've already posted."
>>

>Is there an official Oracle presence in comp.databases.oracle or is it
>just users helping users (which is a good idea too)?
>--
>Chuck Hamilton
>chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com
>
>Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!

Hi Chuck,
Oracle employees read this group, and often respond, particularly with solution for complex issues.

Often, they respond with solutions, because they read this group in the capacity of a programmer, analsyt, etc.

And only sometimes in an official capacity. I think they respond officially when they feel that Orcale's policy is mis-interpreted or misunderstood.

There is no regular "Official" Orcale presence in the group. I think that would inapropriate.

Regards,
Alex Long

--
                          ,     \    /      ,
                         / \    )\__/(     / \
                        /   \  (_\  /_)   /   \
 ______________________/_____\__\_at_  @/___/_____\________________
|paladin.along.dialix.oz.au 					|
|Alex Long 		   					|
|Adelaide, South Australia 					|
|_______________________________________________________________|
|Billy, in one of his nice new sashes,         			|
|Fell in the fire and was burnt to ashes;    			|
|Now, although the rom grows chilly,           			|
|I haven't the heart to poke poor Billy.          Harry Graham. |

_