Re: Question to SQLPLUS gurus

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: 1995/05/25

smohamma_at_pms870.pms.ford.com (Shahabuddin Mohammad) wrote:
>Date: 25 May 1995 14:56:20 GMT
>Sender: smohamma_at_iao.ford.com (Shahabuddin Mohammad)
>
>Hi,
>
>I have a SQLPLUS report that uses the following statement
>to get the sum of volumes.
>
>BREAK ON ctgy SKIP PAGE
>COMPUTE sum of vol ON ctgy
>
>In the report I get the following:
>
>************************
>sum 8404600
>

>My question : Is there anyway to display 'Total Volumes' in stead of
> 'sum' in the report.
>

>I wish I see the report like:
>
>************************
>Total Volumes 8404600
>
>Is it possible in SQLPLUS?
>
>Thanks ahead for the solution.
>
>- Shabu.

Hi Mr. Mohammad,

A similar question was asked a few months ago, and no one had the solution you request (except to use Reports?). :(

You probably know it, but you CAN get rid of (but not replace) the "**** sum" stuff, eg:

break on report on "noprint_alias" skip page compute sum of count(*) on "noprint_alias"

col "noprint_alias" noprint

select

       count(*),
       manura,
       manura "noprint_alias"
  from
       some_wonderful_table
 where
       aroma = 'stinky'
 group by
       manura

Hope it helps a wee bit. ;^)

EP Received on Thu May 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message