Old SQL*NET 1 error message

From: louis.avrami..jr <lou2_at_cbnews.cb.att.com>
Date: 1995/05/25

Hi Gang,

        I have inherited an ancient application that I am having trouble supporting. The user interface is written using Powerbuilder version 2.0a, and it is connecting to a UNIX ORACLE version 6.029 database using SQL*NET StarLan Netbios version 1.0.2.9.

        The user just upgraded their PC from an NCR 3333 486 PC running MS-DOS version 5.00 to an AT&T GIS Globalyst 600 Pentium running MS-DOS version 6.22. When they now start up the application, it begins to attempt to connect to the server, and the error ORA-03112 appears. According to the error codes manual, this is what this means:

        ORA-03112: host string syntax error

	    Cause:  In a single-task operation, the internally-
		    generated host string was invalid.  This is an
		    internal error message not normally issued.

           Action:  Contact your Customer Support representative.

	I thought initially that the upgrade from MS-DOS 5.00 to 6.22
might have something to do with the problem, but I have managed to get the app running from my NCR 3333, which is using 6.22. I imagine that I must be overlooking something somewhere. If someone has some insights, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou Avrami ( attmail!lavrami ) Received on Thu May 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message