Re: Oracle 6 --> 7

From: W. C. Epperson <epperson_at_pen.k12.va.us>
Date: 1995/05/24

Martin Terpstra (terpstra_at_nlsw11.ats.nld.alcatel.nl ) writes:
> can anybody tell me what new/advanced features Oracle 7 give me compared with Oracle 6 ?
>
> With other words. Which arguments will an Oracle saleswo/man give me when s/he tries to sell
> Oracle 7 when I already have Oracle 6.

Well, besides the functional differences (back end referential integrity enforcement being, IMHO, one of the most important), there's the fact that V7 is supported and V6 is not supported (unless you're in the V6$$ support extension program, in which case you get nominal support until December).

Regards,
W.C. Received on Wed May 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message