Re: HELP! SQL*PLUS V3.0 suppress dups in break column...

From: Christopher Jones <cjones_at_au.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/05/24

In article <3pr2eb$714_at_News1.mcs.com> "David S. Kaufman"

        <dkaufman_at_popmail.mcs.com> writes:

> I had this very same problem several weeks ago. Oracle said that the
> BREAK ON command worked just fine for them, however for me it did not. I
> was working on a VAX and the exact same script worked on an HP with
> UNIX, but the duplicates kept printing on VMS. I still maintain that it
> was some type of bug, but it had to do with the pagesize setting. I had
> it set to zero and the duplicates printed, but when I set it very high,
> like 100, it worked just fine. Give it a try.

This sounds like a problem that was fixed in 3.0.14.4 (in the 3.0 release cycle) and 3.1.3.4 (in the concurrently released 3.1 stream). When PAGESIZE was 0, then duplicates appeared even if BREAK ... NODUPLICATES was used.

To chase this up, refer to bug 188361.

Chris Received on Wed May 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message