Re: Help with cursor error

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/05/24

: Federico R Cabanes (frc7186_at_cs.rit.edu) wrote:
: > Hello all:

: > I was wondering if there was some kind soul on the net who could offer
: > some insight into a frustrating problem. We recently set up the Oracle
: > 7.1.4 server on an SGI unix platform and migrated our database from a
: > VAX platform. Oracle itself seems to be working fine. The problem arises
: > when we use Oracle with another software package that makes calls to it.
: > After a few queries with this software package, we get the error:

: > ORA-01001: invalid cursor

: > This is followed by a slew of cursor related error messages.
: > I've increased Oracle's SGA to about 50MB (we have 256MB of RAM) and
: > set the OPEN_CURSORS init variable to 500. Is this truly a problem
: > of running out of cursor space and if so how do I fix it?

: > Thanks in advance for your help.

: > - Federico Cabanes

It might be that you're trying to close a cursor that is not opened.

Jonathan Received on Wed May 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message