Re: Has anyone tried SQL*Net with Trumpet Winsock ?

From: Mariah Abdul Rahim <mariah_at_ms.mimos.my>
Date: 1995/05/24

In article <3peaf2$rce_at_grivel.une.edu.au>, Karen Payten <karen_at_metz.une.edu.au> wrote:
>Gerald Klima (klima_at_donau.boku.ac.at) wrote:
>: Has anyone tried to run SQL*Net Version 1.1 with the shareware Trumpet
>: Winsock TCP/IP stack ? It tried connecting to an ORACLE V7 database on a
>: HP 9000/715 host, but I always get the message

>: ORA-06120: NETTCP: network not loaded.

>: Thanks for any help,
>: Gerald

I've tried connecting Oracle7 from my 486 PC via Trumpet Winsock Version 1.00 and it's successful. When I installed SQL*Net 1.1, the third party TCP/IP software I chose was:

        IBM TCP/IP 2.1 Via Winsock

SQL*Net Installer then will ask for the directory that the file SERVICES is in. Usually the file is in \WINSOCK directory. And don't forget to change the port number of ORASRV entry in SERVICES file if your number is different from the default number.

Hope this helps.

--
--mariah--