Backup

From: Perry McGrew <perrygrw_at_future.dreamscape.com>
Date: 1995/05/24

We are evaluating Backup products for our NCR UNIX SVR4/Oracle/Sybase client server systems.
I'd like the product to provide:

1) Automated backup for the RDBMS and UNIX O/S
2) "Hot" Backup capability for the RDBMS (UNIX and "raw" filesystems)
3) Tape Management system that can track all tapes written to the
device(s)

In particular, I have been looking into AT&T's NetVault and Eagle Software's SpectraLogic/Alexandria/SQL Backtrack bundle. Does anyone have any experiences or comments?

PS. What is the story with Oracle Parallel Backup/Restore Utility? I heard it was available then pulled due to "problems" and now it is included in 7.2 (I hope no xtra $$$). Has anyone seen or used this product?

Regards,
Perry A. McGrew (perrygrw_at_future.dreamscape.com) Received on Wed May 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message