Re: Oracle 7 on VMS through Pathworks

From: Dale McGladdery <dmcgladdery_at_city.north-van.bc.ca>
Date: 1995/05/23

> We are developing in Powerbuilder 4 with Oracle7 on Netware, and we
> plan to deploy our application at a client having the following
> configuration:
>
> Oracle 7 on VAX/VMS from a Windows client through Pathworks (PCSA 4.1)
>
> If anyone is working in the above configuration, I'd be glad to hear
> about any problem we could encounter at deployment time.

We are in the process of installing a municipal license system written in Powerbuilder. Our configuration is VAX/VMS V5.5-2, Oracle 7, Pathworks V5.1 client, and DECnet Adapter (SQL*NET) for Windows V2.0.

You didn't mention which protocol stack you're using with Pathworks. According to the installation guide, you'll require a Pathworks V5.n client for the PC client side if you're using DECnet as a transport.

So far no problems over and above the usual learning curve with new software.

---
Dale McGladdery
dmcgladdery_at_city.north-van.bc.ca