Re: ?? news group for professional discussions ???

From: Dave Erickson <erickson_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1995/05/23

On 22 May 1995, Catharine Drozdowski wrote:

> Date: 22 MAY 95 14:48:42 -0700
> From: Catharine Drozdowski <cdrozdow_at_aspect-ts.com>
> Newgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: ?? news group for professional discussions ???
>
> dear readers,
>
> I am in the midst of a "what do I want to do when I grow up??". Is there
> are newsgroup where technies can chat about professional/career concerns??
>
> thanks
> catharine

What a coincidence! I was just about to post something to see if there was any interest in someone creating a "comp.databases.oracle.jobs" or something like that to segregate the traffic in this group between technical discussions and job postings. There's a lot of traffic to this group every day, and I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's worth while to separate the two.

What do:

1) "Average" Users
2) Headhunters
3) Job Seekers

Think?

Dave

David B Erickson, Project Leader     *
McHugh Freeman                       * "YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP"
erickson_at_mfa.com                     *                           -Dino