Re: Help Loading YYYYMMDD Dates

From: <James>
Date: 1995/05/23

>In article <3pdgjc$msu_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> roywagner_at_aol.com (Roy Wagner) writes:
>
> I'm am trying to load dates from a file that has them in the format
> YYYYmMdD, where a lower case letter represents a blank if the month or
> year is < 10. I do not what to HAVE TO reformat these dates in the flat
> files that I need to transfer to ORACLE 7.1. However, this examples shows
> what happens when I try and load dates with blanks. ORACLE seems to skip
> the blank on the month's first column and attempt to read if from the
> first column of the day columns. What is causing this and how can I load
> dates in this format without changing their format in the flat file.
>
> Thanks to anyone that can help.
>
> - Roy Wagner (a new ORACLE user) -

May I suggest doing a global replace in your text file. You only need to do 9 of them (1-9). (ie. " 1" -> "01")

It would also save you time and energy,
if you were to create your "log" (I assume) records, with leading zeros.

James Richard (JRICHARD_at_TUNS.CA)
"No Assembler Required!" Received on Tue May 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message